On February 1, 1962, H. Douglas Hawthorne (1924-2011) started an accounting practice in the Skinner Building in downtown Seattle. Approximately three years later, the firm moved its offices to Burien.
Richard Geraghty joined the practice in 1976 and became a member of the firm on January 1, 1979. In 1980, they moved their offices to their present location and have since experienced continued growth.
David D. Hawthorne, Doug’s son, joined the practice on a permanent basis in 1981 and became a member of the firm on January 1, 1987. On January 1, 1991, Dave Hawthorne acquired full ownership of the firm with Doug Hawthorne beginning a period of semi-retirement. In November, 2000 Doug Hawthorne retired from practice after 51 years practice as a CPA.