Dave Hawthorne – Certified Public Accountant, President
Dave is the president and owner of Hawthorne & Company, CPAs. He joined the firm in November 1981 as a staff accountant, was admitted as a shareholder in 1987 and acquired the firm in 1991. Prior to joining the firm he worked with Washington State Department of Revenue as a Revenue Auditor.
Dave has a wide variety of experience in accounting, management and tax services dealing with closely held companies, individuals, estates, trusts, and not-for-profits organizations. Work experience includes auditing, accounting, business advisory and tax services for businesses, and tax, retirement and estate planning for individuals.
Dave has been a frequent volunteer speaker for Boeing Educational Services teaching retirement and tax planning strategies. He has been a featured guest several times on “Minding Your Business” on KVI 570 AM, and has spoken to a variety of business, community and civic groups on estate, trust, retirement and tax planning issues.
Dave is a native of Seattle living in Normandy Park with wife, Kim, and their family. He enjoys family activities, golf and classic cars.
- 1980 Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration in Accounting and Marketing,
Washington State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA)
- PCPS – AICPA Alliance for CPA Firms
- Estate Planning Council of South King County, Charter Member
- Highline Medical Center Foundation – Past President, Treasurer
- Rotary Club of Burien White Center – Past President, Treasurer, Scholarship Chairman
- Epsilon Gamma Foundation – President
- WSU Foundation Planned Giving Advisory Board – Member
- Matt Griffin Highline YMCA – Past Board Chair, Community Capital Campaign Chair
- Highline School District – Budget Advisory Committee,
Work-Based Learning Advisory Board
- Normandy Park Swim Club – Board Member, Swim Team Coordinator
- Highline Citizens for Schools – Treasurer
- SW King County Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors
- Burien Jaycees – Charter Member
- Boy Scout – Committee Chair Troop 392, Pack 363
- South Highline National Little League – Assistant Majors Coach, Volunteer Umpire
- 1990 Highline School District Vocational Education Employer of the Year
- 1993 Chamber of Commerce Small Businessperson of the Year
(nominated for a second time in 1999)
- 2011, 2012, 2013 Seattle Magazine Five Star Wealth Manager